In this weeks episode of Around The World With The Archibald Project, we sat down with Ebie Hepworth! Ebie is an adoptive mama to two kiddos, Asa and Birdie. Ebie, her husband Zack, and Asa and Birdie have been home together for 2 years, and through all of the joys that come with adoption, their family walks through a very real suffering every day. After being matched with Asa and Birdie, they found out Asa was very sick. Ebie and Zack sold a lot of their things, including their couch, to fundraise for their adoption and move to Liberia to be with their kids until they could travel home. After 4 months of living in Liberia, nothing would prepare them for the news they received when they got back to their home in Boise, Idaho.
Ebie paints a realistic view of how hard life in a developing country can be when you and your child are sick, there is no internet, and you’re becoming first time parents. Ebie also opens up about the harsher realities they were faced with upon returning to the states after 4 months of living in Liberia. They came to find out their son Asa was truly sick, and not just ill, but fighting for his life. He was diagnosed with Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy, a life altering illness. Even in the pain though, Ebie carries with her a hope that is not of this world and is believing in full faith for her son to be healed.
What You’ll Learn:
- How to recognize corruption in international adoption, red flags, and how to truly pursue ethical adoption.
- Here is another story where we talk about recognizing red flags in international adoption!
- How to deal with the financial burden’s of adoption.
- What to do when you find out your child you are adopting has a life altering illness?
- Helpful advice for those walking through hardship in your adoption and learning how to trust God.
Our desire is that you would be filled with hope in the things that seem impossible in your own lives. Please share this podcast with your friends and family. Enjoy our podcast with Ebie!
Follow Ebie on Instagram here!
And check out Ebie’s business Fearless Co!